Thursday, July 29, 2010

17. Learn to play chess.

As I mentioned before, at the garage sale this weekend I picked up a brand new glass chess set and Learn to play Chess in 30 minutes.



Monday night I had my 1st official chess lesson. After dinner J. taught me some of the basics and he then proceeded to mercilessly kick my butt!

The next 2 nights have looked similar. We start the game, I gain a little confidence, make a few clever moves and then BAM....he beats me again! Just like that!

I'm going to need a bit more practice before I can beat Chess Master J., but I think it's safe to say #17 Learn to play chess, is off the list.


Before the chess lesson , J. did humor me by playing a few games of Mancala, which I know he hates, during dinner.

And he totally beat me at that too!!! Both times!! I couldn't believe it!


I was shocked by how much my mad mancala skills have diminished in the past 2 years. When I was going to school in FL, one of my best buds and I would literally spend hours before, between and after class in her dorm room playing this game.


I'm definitely going to have to refresh my self on the mancala rules , and try and plan out some strategy for a rematch!








No comments:

Post a Comment