Wednesday, March 14, 2012

4. Buy a crock pot. Learn to make chili

We got the crock pot last year and learned to make a pretty bomb chili a short time after and as with most of the goals on the list, I just haven't gotten around to posting about them until much later.
For our original attempt with the chili, we followed an actual recipe, but we quickly realized how simple it was if you just follow the basics
Beans + Tomato Sauce +Meat = CHILI
Last weeks chili was as followed.......
1 can black beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can corn
2 cans plain tomato sauce
2 lbs ground turkey
2 chopped tomato's
1 chopped bell pepper
1 chopped onion
Jalapenos and garlic to taste.............I use lots of both!!!
On the left : we had some left over spag sauce and salsa from earlier in the week, so I tossed that in there too
I threw it in before work and it was ready when I got home at 5:30. So easy!!!!
At the moment I'm working on learning 2 other easy crock pot dinners, I'll make sure to update.

No comments:

Post a Comment