Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Weekend garage sale score.

This Saturday I was walking around the neighborhood with Dara, enjoying the awesome weather we've been having in Las Vegas the last few weeks and I came across a moving sale that one of our neighbors was having.

Look at this baby I scored for just.....................TWENTY FIVE CENTS!!!!!




They had a ton of jewelry boxes in a bunch of different sizes in this Asian-ish, mother of pear, inlay style, but they were all broken or missing drawers and pieces.

The only reason I even looked twice at this one was because as you folks know, I'm a sucker for any thing peacock and by some strange chance it was the only one that didn't have any major defects (and who am I kidding......it was only a quarter).

The fabric in the drawers and on the top tray was all ratty and torn up, so I cut up an old American Eagle shirt I had in a fabric pile and just replaced it.


I originally thought some of the inlay pieces were missing, but it turned out it was just
REALLY grubby, so with a bit of cleaning up it has found a home with the rest of my jewelry stuff.



The full collection.

1 comment: