Friday, August 27, 2010

Round Up: Keepin' it Easy

As I'm sure most of you know, this (not today, but this past week or so) is the 5 year anniversary of the catastrophe that was Katrina and the devastating aftermath that followed.

Unlike the news shows and TV specials which are just focusing on the actual city of New Orleans and it's rebuilding in the aftermath, I wanted to pay tribute in a different way.

Here are a few things that I found in my internet travels that could be used to bring the spirit of the Big Easy in to your home.




Ceramic Mardi Gras Masks
A cluster of these hanging on the wall would look awesome for the Mardi Gras season.



This lovely chair is unfortunately sold out!!! But it would make a bold statement for a sophisticated office set up.







I love these!!! I'm really digging the muted palate used, I think by holding back on the colors the artist really lets the movements of the musicians and instruments show.






This hanging light is reminiscent of the lanterns you'll find around the French Quarter. If you look closely you'll see that the details around the top of the glass is a pattern of Fleur De Lis!!!






This was by far my favorite find!!! I would REALLY like to add this to my front porch!



No comments:

Post a Comment