Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday: Cork boards.

I know I'm a day off, but (provided I have technological cooperation) I'm going to try and do a Tutorial Tuesday.

A few week ago I finished up this project. Recovering the disgusting fake wood cabinets in the kitchen (if you look in the top left corner you can see some of it on the doors above the fridge) with a few coats of chalk board paint and a cork board.


I had a few dozen corks left over so I decided to make a smaller one.



Pick out a board. Something flat and smooth.


This is the back of a flooring sample I snatched from a pile, in my old office building.

Get your little fingers to work slicing those babies in half.

Here I've got a cheapo kitchen cutting board, and one of the gracious boyfriends box cutters from the garage.

WARNING!!!
You will get blisters. Be prepared.

Then, work some hot glue and finagling magic and waaaalaaaa!!!!!!!

A gift for my friends Andy and Briar, who provided the initial donation of wine corks that started the mania.




I know this tutorial leaves much to be desired in the progress and instruction department, so next time, I promise, it'll be much better...............and on a Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment